SUMMER MATH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Locations: Chief Sealth High School
OPEN TO INCOMING NINTH GRADERS
Do you want to build your math skills with college tutors?
Do you want to learn how to succeed in high school?
Want to start early in getting high school credits?
Team up with MESA (Mathematics, Engineering Science Achievement) to make your ninth grade year the first step on your road to college!
Increase the number of African-American, Native American, Latina/o, and Pacific Islander students who enroll and excel in college-prep and honors math courses and fully participate in MESA’s math, science and technology programs and opportunities.
At Chief Sealth: Summer Math Scholars Program July 31st- August 18th
Summer Math Scholars is a FREE three-week program M-F 9am-12:30pm and will be held at Chief Sealth High School. The workshops will be taught by Ms. Batts, a top-level math teacher. High school and college students will be available as tutors. We will work on math, study, thinking, and communication skills. Our goal is to make sure everyone in the program succeeds in Algebra. Students that complete the program will receive .25 elective credit that counts toward their graduation.
- Attend and participate at each session.
- Be on time, always.
- If you must miss or plan to be late to a session, let us know.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude for yourself and other members of the program at all times.
- Commit to success for yourself and everyone else.
- Avoid any behavior problems. (Behavior disruptions will result in removal from program.)
- Make this program work for you!
If you have any questions, contact: