For Current Teachers
Thank you MESA Teachers! You are a key factor in our success and we value your passion and hard work. If you need any MESA activity materials, please call us at 206-221-6195 or email email@example.com to reorder.
Professional Learning Opportunities
The next Teacher Professional Learning training is scheduled for Spring Quarter at the University of Washington. (Check back for more information.) If there are any topics or education trends you want covered, please email Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggestions are always welcomed.
For Prospective Teachers
Become a MESA Teacher! As the first line of contact with students, teachers are vital to MESA. Some of the benefits of being a MESA Teacher include:
- Connect with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Professionals (speakers, tutors, mentors, and access to UW organizations)
- Materials for projects
- Professional development (paid Credit Clock Hours are available)
- Paid field trips (relevant to classroom learning)
- Help in recruiting underrepresented (people of color and women) students for STEM classes
- Enrichment opportunities for your students (MESA Competition, Orca Bowl, Robotics Competition, etc.)
- Scholarships and internship opportunities for your students
As a MESA Teacher you are expected to:
- Recruit underrepresented students (people of color and women)
- Supervise team participation in MESA Day and other MESA activities
- Provide students with guidance and support
- Encourage active student and parent involvement in MESA activities
- Promote student connection to STEM careers and mentors
- Be in ongoing communication with MESA
- Assist with filling out applications and other documents and turning them in to MESA
- Attend MESA Day and Awards Reception with students
If you are interested in becoming a MESA Teacher, please contact Martha Flores-Perez at 206-221-6195, or email her at email@example.com. For any questions or if you would like more information about our programs (or apply for any summer teaching opportunities) please contact our office.
For any questions or if you would like more information about our programs please contact us.